Prior to cloud accounting software, the only option for a business that wanted to use a computerized accounting package was to purchase a piece of software and install it on a PC. You can get more information about professional cloud accounting services in Dublin, Ireland by searching over the internet.
Image Source: Google
These packages worked well with bookkeeping but had limitations. An example is that your accountant has requested a backup to do year-end accounts. Firstly emailing a 10MB backup isn't always straightforward, so often work around the solution, such as sending it in the post on a memory stick.
And then there is the problem of installing back-up on another computer. Corrupted data messages are common, or finding two packages were different versions of the same thing, so the data could not be read.
Of course, once the data is received it always becomes outdated, making it difficult for your accountant to advise you which is relevant right now.
So what's the cloud? And what does this mean for both you and your accountant?
- It is like a power grid but shares resources and economies of scale, via the Internet. What does this mean for your business?
- With cloud accounting software you can increase the cost of software by paying by monthly subscription instead of the lump sum.
- All upgrades to cloud accounting software are done by the supplier at no additional cost, so you are always on the latest version.
- You can access cloud accounting software having an internet connection anywhere, so there is no need to use a particular computer or get stuck in the office.
- As the name suggests, all data is stored securely in the "cloud" we now know on the supplier's bank of servers, constantly backing up, so you need to use your hard-drive or No need to worry again about taking it regularly. Backup.
- With cloud accounting software, at best, your accountant can share your data, so we can help you if you are stuck recording certain transactions in your accounts, such as buying a new laptop. We can post our year-end journals directly, so your data is always up-to-date, but more importantly, we can help you more.