Walls and floors Tilers in Perth specialize in placing clay, ceramics, marble slates, and glass tiles on the indoor and outdoor surfaces for protective and decorative purposes. You can search for professional tilers in Perth through https://guntiling.com.au/ for your wall and floor tiling job.
This trade has seen much growth in recent years and is a suitable job for those who enjoy practical tasks with creative elements.
General assignments and responsibilities
- Check and interpret plans
- Laying out work while measuring and marking surfaces
- Preparing work areas on floors and walls by removing old tiles, adhesive, and grout; filling gaps, crack, and holes; and ensuring all surfaces are clean
- Applying adhesive to tiles and surfaces before positioning tiles
- Making tiles lie flush with corners, edges, pipes, and fittings using tile-cutting tools
- Ensuring all tiles are spaced and aligned correctly
When it comes to education and training, III or IV certificates are the most common level qualifications obtained by wall tilers and floors to build the knowledge and skills needed for success in the industry. Some choose upskill with additional courses throughout their careers, especially when choosing to start their own business.
Courses can include several theoretical components but will usually take a fairly practical approach to education. This helps individuals become familiar with a typical work environment when developing critical thinking skills and communication needed to develop in the industry.