Dental care is an important part of overall health care. Many people ignore this fact. Neglecting to take care of your teeth and overall oral health could lead to serious problems like tooth decay and pain in the gums. With proper dental care, these problems can be prevented from happening at an early age. You can find the best invisalign braces at an affordable price.
The Decay of Teeth: Why?
Let's first understand what causes your teeth to decay. There are many reasons for tooth decay. Knowing which causes it can help you prevent it can help you to avoid it.
Bacteria is a major cause of tooth decay. Your teeth need food for bacteria to thrive and multiply. Sugary foods and starches like rice are used by bacteria to survive. Bacteria produce acid after eating the food. This acid can cause the outer layer of your tooth, known as enamel, to dissolve.
Sugary foods do not only refer to sweetened foods. It also includes sweetened beverages like soft drinks, cookies, cakes, and candy.
These sugars can be converted by bacteria to acids. These acids begin to dissolve the minerals crystals in the teeth. Tooth decay is caused by bacteria. Also known as dental caries, or cavities.
- Types of decay in children and adults
- Children and adults may experience different types of decay.
- #Decay among Young Children
- Baby bottle tooth decay and early childhood caries can affect young children.
- This is a common type of decay in children who sleep with a glass of milk or juice. The night is spent exposing the teeth to carbohydrates via a bottle. Bacteria can grow quickly and produce acids that can cause tooth decay.
- If parents don't clean their teeth, children can develop worse forms of decay.
- Decay among Older Adults.
The exposed root of the teeth can lead to cavities in older adults. This is called root caries. The adults most likely have receding gums from years of periodontal disease or hard brushing. They may also have dry mouths.